Saratoga Event Group Blog featuring atlanta weddings, corporate, social event details, floral design and catering.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, The Saratoga Event Group is a dynamic, full service special event planning company. We operate several class A special event facilities, provide full service catering through our two award winning catering partners and provide full service event planning for individuals, corporations, not-for-profits and others seeking to host special events. Starting with a special event facility in Sandy Springs 30 years ago called The Pavillion, we have grown from one venue known for warm hospitality to our current business of multiple event facilities.
Atlanta Wedding Designer–Planning Makes Perfect
Top Ten Reasons
that Make or Break
1. PICK A SPACE, then A DATE. Many people begin their planning around a specific date, only to find that there is no availability at the venue they are searching.
2. TURN the DREAM, into REALITY. Define the goals you’d like to achieve through the event and be sure that all steps you take lead to the end result.
3. MAKING YOUR MARK. The invitation is the first component of the event that people will see. It should inform invitees of the specific details- who, what, where, when, why, and how (be sure to include street addresses, parking information, and suggested attire). The look of the invitation should also give attendees a hint of what is to come, whether it be a particular theme or color scheme.
4. ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE. Keep and track all guest information organized on one Excel spreadsheet (include full name, address, RSVP status, guest names, dietary restrictions, etc.) Prior to the event, you can use that spreadsheet to create everything from name badges, to place cards, tent cards and thank you letters. Saving crucial time, will enable you to focus on the finer details of the day!
5. DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS. Be observant of religion – don’t plan your event on the same day as a religious holiday and be sensitive to dietary restrictions. Prepare for accessibility issues.
6. BE PREPARED. Always have a back-up plan for everything, especially being able to communicate quickly with your invited guests in case something goes really wrong. If it’s going to rain, consider a tent, or have extra umbrellas on-hand if guests are walking from one point to the next.
7. EVENT EMERGENCY KIT. Your guests will likely come to you first with any emergency issues. Items you should include are bandages, Advil, Benadryl, stain remover wipes, Windex (for taking fingerprints off windows), a small sewing kit, double-sided tape, scissors and safety pins.
8. KEEP IN TOUCH. RSVP is key in preparing for final accommodations for guests. After the event, send a note or letter thanking them for coming. Bonus points if you can include a picture of them at the event!
9. TECK SAVY?! Will you need microphones, projectors, speakers, video cameras, etc.? Make a list of equipment needs and plan to hire a professional AV tech to set up all equipment. Ask them to be on hand during the event to fix any technical glitches that may come up.
10. A DOLLAR SPENT. Don’t be afraid to negotiate prices or get additional quotes from other caterer, décor companies, florists etc. Shopping around is always time well spent.
If you feel like hiring an event planner who works with an experienced caterer and designer, please consider Saratoga Event Group offering a full service special event team to help you create a beautiful event that will combat any issue and allow you to enjoy the party that you worked so hard to plan.
Atlanta Wedding Venues for Same-Sex Couples
June 26, 2015 will mark a historic day for the gay/lesbian community when the justices ruled that states cannot deny gay men and lesbians the same marriage rights enjoyed for thousands of years by opposite-sex couples. Saratoga Event Group would like to celebrate this ruling by offering their award winning special event facilities along with their two catering partners, Avenue Catering and Avenue-K for wedding celebrations and festivities. These are new traditions that we welcome and want to be a part of. At Saratoga, we invite everyone to share with us their wedding dreams that our visionary staff can now help come true.
Avenue Event Design Celebrates June Weddings
June is National Rose Month
June is National Rose Month, and Avenue Event Design can smell the sweet aroma in the air. Chief Designer Troy Wiese, collectively conceives and creates one-of-a-kind bouquets and floral arrangements for his clients. Troy’s creative passion truly shows through his ability to transform an empty room into a custom themed event. Avenue Event Design’s floral team guarantees their award winning experience to create distinct wedding bridal bouquets, wedding party bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces and accent floral, cake floral, and ceremony arrangements throughout the metro Atlanta Area.